COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Information provided by Logan County Health Department:
Today we will be distributing hundreds of COVID-19 vaccine doses at the Logan County Fairgrounds in Guthrie and I wanted to share information and answer any questions or concerns.
- Vaccine is still only available for Healthcare Workers, First Responders and People Over 65.
- We are asking that no one be encouraged to show up to the event who was not signed up.
We are asking those scheduled to receive a vaccination to enter in the Mineral Wells park off Division and to expect some line through the park when arriving to park at the fairgrounds.
For the safety of our volunteers and staff, we ask everyone to wear a mask and try to stay six feet apart when in the fairgrounds building.
We are very thankful for the support of so many including the Logan Co. EM, the Sheriff's office, the Guthrie Police Department and all of our volunteers during this challenging week of distributing COVID-19 vaccine in Logan County. Our event today filled up very quickly and next week's event filled up within minutes. We received hundreds of calls and messages and we know that people are very urgently wanting to get access to the vaccine. Our staff is working very hard to make sure we get as much vaccine to our communities as soon as we can.
We will have more appointments opening up and will be eventually offering vaccine most days after we provide these first large events.
Our message today is this:
- Please be patient with our staff because there is an enormous demand for vaccine. PLEASE DO NOT CALL our health departments for Vaccine appointments at this time.
** Appointments will be posted on the state vaccine portal today, Thursday Jan. 7th and we encourage everyone to Pre-enroll for future Vaccine Appointments here: https://vaccinate.oklahoma.gov
- This portal will enroll you to receive email notifications of available appointments in your area.
- People over 65 might have difficulty with the internet and email. We are asking only those who do not have internet to call 211 or after today we will get their information on our waiting list.
We are thankful and excited to be a part of this enormous effort to turn the corner on COVID-19. Please let me know if I can share any further information or answer any further questions.
Thank you again for the tremendous support of our County partners,